http://www.pakspectator.com/ Is the blog which has put the following questions to me and my answers.
Q.Would you please tell us something about you and your site? I am a sixty eight year old retired Jet pilot of government of India. My wife Shirley is from the state of Rajasthan whileI am from the sunny southern state of Tamil nadu .Our only daughter MInal is schizophrenic and as such i am interested in thismental disease and issues relating to psycho social rehabilitation in India. My site reflects this concern as alsomy interests in current affairs and security matters. I find it interesting and simulating that i can write my views on National securitywithout fear like my bosses used to do when they wrote books after retirement.
2.Q. Do you feel that you continue to grow in your writing the longer you write? Why is that important to you? One definitely grows as we blog but i also grew as i READ other's blogs and commented on them. It is important because you come to know so many people's views from so many countries. I am new to the technology of blogging and still learning.
3.Q.I'm wondering what some of your memorable experiences are with blogging? I am ordinary citizen of India and at the most i can hope for some media space in the form of "letters to editor"Today i see my blog has hits from people as far as iceland,bosnia,Malaysia etc. This gives a thrill.Also as i am on to disability due to mental issues, i find that there are a set of Lawyers, Psychiatrists,and social workers making a living out of this disability by manipulating laws,government officials, seminarsorganized by DRUG MNCs for this very purpose. Now as i post and comment i am respected for being a pain in their ass!
4.Q.What do you do in order to keep up your communication with other bloggers?Comments and debates. Very rarely email friends.
5.Q. What do you think is the most exciting or most innovative use of technology in politics right now? YOU TUBE
6. Q.Do you think that these new technologies are effective in making people more responsive? Effective among the well read and intelligentsia who are the opinion makers. It can be effective among common people as OBAMA campaign has shown as America is a wired nation.
7.Q.What do you think sets Your site apart from others? Nothing really. I am an ordinary guy with ordinary concerns and an ordinary blog.
8. Q.If you could choose one characteristic you have that brought you success in life, what would it be? HONESTY and Integrity in stating your views.
9.Q.What was the happiest and gloomiest moment of your life? Happiest moment is when my wife at that time a pretty angel accepted my proposal. Gloomiest moment is when i found that my only daughter is schizophrenic and this disease is incurable. Do you think [the use of Twitter and other social networking tools by politicians] is bandwagon jumping or what? Politicians can jump but people who use computers are wiser.
10.Q.If you could pick a travel destination, anywhere in the world, with no worries about how it'spaid for - what would your top 3 choices be? Package tour to seven wonders of the world Pyramids of Egypt Italy
11.Q.What is your favorite book and why? How to stop worrying and start living by Dale Carnegie. His practical suggestionsreally work. Tamil Sage Thiruvalluvar's " THIRUKURAL" is immortal for me.
12.Q.What's the first thing you notice about a person (whether you know them or not)? Their EYES.
13.Q.Is there anyone from your past that once told you you couldn't write? I do not remember.
14. Q.How bloggers can benefit from blogs financially? Through Goggle's adsence but i do not know how it works practically because i have yet to get a cent!!
15. Q.Is it true that who has a successful blog has an awful lot of time on their hands? I do not think so
16.Q.What are your thoughts on corporate blogs and what do you think the biggest advantages and disadvantages are? Corporate blogs help in getting information about their company in a very cogent waywith the click of the mouse. But then it is impersonal and can drive away customers who are keen on dialogue.
17. Q.What role can bloggers of the world play to make this world more friendlier and less hostile? By being honest with each other even if the views are unpalatable and debating.
18. Q.Who are your top five favourite bloggers? http://offstumped.nationalinterest.in/
19 Q.Is there one observation or column or post that has gotten the most powerful reaction from people? My comment in a singapore forum that " Bush is perceived as the leader of christians and not Pope" brought forth lotof reactions.
20.Q.What is your perception about Pakistan and its people? The Poor in Pakistan have shown courage, wisdom and willingness to experiment during this election. But they are being led by Feudal leaders who are NOT elected and who in turn are guided by USA and Saudies. Pakistan which has Democratically elected leaders who have control over Executive(including Army), Independent Judiciary, Independent Mediawill be an asset to whole of SouthAsia.
21.Q.Have you ever become stunned by the uniqueness of any blogger? Every blogger is unique in his or her own way. That is the beauty of blogging itself.
22.Q.What is the most striking difference between a developed country and a developing country? Cleanliness ,clean air and running water. South asians are the filthiest in the whole world and so we are the least developped.
23. Q.What is the future of blogging? It has great future as computer literacy and affordability will grow and so also connectivity.
24. Q.You have also got a blogging life, how has it directly affected both your personal and professional life? It has not affected my personal life except that my wife shouts at my long hours in front of screenwhich will affect my eyesight a glaucoma patient. It has tremendously helped me to help others and also help myself bymaking people aware of the issues in which i am interested.
25.Q.What are your future plans? Nothing. Being a Capricornian i used to plan. After my daughter's sickness i donot plan. I take life at it comes.
26. Q.Any Message you want to give to the readers of The Pakistani Spectator? I want to thank the generous readers of Pakistan spectator for giving this opportunity to be interviewed and also give my opinions freely and frankly.I consider it a great honour for an Indian who faught against Pakistani nation in various ways. Once we understand wehave a common Heritage things will fall into place. Poverty and Dirtiness are more worrisome and deadly common enemies.