Wednesday, March 19, 2008

LONG LASTING MARRIAGE/some tips

LONG LASTING MARRIAGE/ some useful tips!!!!

As i was about to leave for a game of chess with a friend, i was stopped by the young lady who has recently moved into our block after marrying a Tamil iyengar boy of IIM(Bangalore). She is a CKP of Maharashtra and an IT professional and i know she is SAP professional from her very looks! She knew we are from south and north and wanted to know from auntie how we have survived such a long marriage with a mentally ill child. Auntie left it to me to explain as she was busy preparing the breakfast.
I told her that the secret is Love and way of SHARING responsibilities. Basically i told her that i cater to the BIG picture being the head of family while my wife looks after the MINOR things in life. The SAP professional in her could not accept the inferior status in married life and she looked at auntie with little smirk. EQUALITY is the name of the game for her.
I told her that auntie selected the place we have to settle after retirement , the type of accommodation we purchased, the colour of interiors, curtains,the type of car,its colour,( I did not tell her that auntie selected 30 years back the Vespa and its colour when i just suggested the Jawa bike),the type of fridge,its capacity,type of Music system(PMPO),TV including its size and where it is placed,type of bed and also bedspreads and so many MINOR THINGS like the colour of my shirt,tie and what i wear at marriage ceremonies etc etc. Monthly outing and the restaurant,menu are of course minor. She also understood by now that the joint account and the bank we had this account are also minor issues.
"Uncle" then what are the MAJOR issues you decide? I triumphantly told her that i decide whether it is Obama or Hillary who would be best for USA. Whether US should withdraw from Iraq or not. I also decide whether India should sign the 123 agreement or select the F18 or MIG 31 for the MCA deal.I also decide whether Federal reserve should have cut the interest rate by 100 instead of 75 basis points. I also decided Indira Gandhi was the best PM (while auntie selected Rajiv because of his smile.).I also decide whether India should have bombed the terror training camps in Pakistan after the Parliament attack. I even decide that Zardari should be the PM of Pakistan instead of Fahim and how Mush should be treated after he vacates the Presidency. Kosov recognition,Malaysian elections,Tibet riots and the list is endless in which my male brain has to take major decisions.
SAP understood the tips of long lasting marriage and her mouth was wide open while i could see a smirk in my wife's face.

No comments: